MAHAMANTRA

HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA
KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE
HARE RAMA HARE RAMA
RAMA RAMA HARE HARE

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 2 chanting

I hope to lose this track soon. Because it should come natural to me than me keeping track of it. Down from 8 to 6 rounds. I was awake at right time but sleep was to over powering. As it was yesterday I slept till 9 after chanting. Last week I thought of reaching office by 9 and I achieved it for a week. For time being I will condition myself to get up early and reduce sleeping slowly. Luckily there is long weekend for Chinese New Year which I can hopefully utilize to regularize my day. Probably year of Ox will be fortunate for me. Hopefully my senses will come under control and mind will become more peaceful. I seems to loose my control quite often now in office and home whenever people don’t understand my view or do things incorrectly and glorifying them. Probably I need anger management and let sink the others perspective in me. Anyway it has nothing to do with chanting. But chanting will take me towards Krishna and I will automatically give less importance to all other rubbish I am doing in world. Aim should be to chant irrespective of the surrounding ---- job no job, work tension or no work tension. If there is seat then sit and chant, if there is nothing to sit then stand and chant. Material situation, surrounding and other cannot influence my chanting. It’s me who can control it. I say me because even Krishna will not stop me I want to chant His name. Because He loves it. Unlike material activities whenever I can never claim to be ultimate controller. But for chanting Krishna have given me ultimate control (free will) to chant His name. He will help me always. It is said that if you take one step He take 100 steps towards you. Probably I am trying to lift my leg to take that step. May Krishna help me.

No comments:

Quotes

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's order in Chaitanya Caritamrita was everyone should practice Krishna Consciousness and give it to everyone. Take up Krishna Consciousness and distribute it to everyone we meet.
yare dekho tare kaho Krishna
updesh
Whoever you meet, tell them about Krishna

*********************************************

iha yasya harer dasye
karmana manasa
gira
nikhilasv apy avasthasu
jivan-mukta sa ucyate

A person acting in the service of Krsna with body, mind, intelligence and words is a liberated person even within the material world, although he may be engaged in many so-called material activities. (Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu 1.2.187)

*********************************************

anyabhilasita-snnyam
jnana-karmady-anavrtam.

Pure devotional service can be attained only when it is uncontaminated with jnana and karma.

*********************************************

anasaktasya visayan
yatharham upayunjatah
nirbandhah krsna-sambandhe
yuktah vairagyam ucyate
prapancikataya buddhya
hari-sambandhi-vastunah
mumuksubhih parityago
vairagyah phalgu kathyate


When one is not attached to anything but at the same time accepts everything in relation to Krsna, one is rightly situated above possessiveness. On the other hand, one who rejects everything without knowledge of its relationship to Krsna is not as complete in his renunciation.

*********************************************